Bringing Pregnancy Product Ideas to Life
Without necessarily coming up with medical solutions for the aforementioned conditions, many pregnancy products designed to temporary alleviate some of the symptoms associated with these issues have been very successful. Read on to learn more!
The Market for Maternity Products
As long as there are people, there will be a market for products for pregnant women. According to a 2014 article in the Independent, “British women are having significantly more children than a decade ago, with birth rates for mothers in England and Wales up by 18 per cent.” The most common complaints by expectant mothers generally involve discomfort. If you’re considering launching a product targeting the booming maternity market, consider some of these issues often cited by pregnant women:
- Joint Pain, Backache and Pelvic Pressure
- Leg Cramps
- Chest Area Soreness
- Discomfort in the Hands
- Frequent Urination
Pregnancy Product Ideas Supported by Innovate
PregniPillow – Pregnancy Sleep Aid Product
Inventor Paul Dumbrill had an idea for an inflatable pillow specially designed to aid pregnant women having difficulty getting a good night of sleep due to general discomfort. He approached Innovate Product Design to get assistance with taking a general concept and transforming into a specific and marketable product idea. Upon engaging with Innovate, the following services were rendered:
- An evaluation of the viability of the product and market opportunity was conducted
- The product design team was utilized to help fully visualize the details of the product, and the variety of the applications it could be used for.
- Photorealistic computer aided drawings (CAD) visualisations were rendered
- Manufacturers were approached about the opportunity to develop the product
In 2011, Mr. Dumbrill successfully launched his PregniPillow, and today it is sold online alongside a pregnancy photo enhancement service.