How to sell an idea
Marketing, licensing & business
Before you think about choosing which is the right path for you to commercialise the idea, it is important to show that you have invested a small amount in the project yourself, to professionally develop the idea. This is why protecting and designing the product are so important, prior to marketing.
This section will explore the various routes to market, through licensing or self-manufacture, and the different steps that need to be taken to achieve either one of these.
A common misapprehension with new inventors is that the hard work stops after the product is protected and designed; however, this is not the case. You have to be prepared to drive your product no matter which avenue you choose; this is where the hard work begins. Persistence and perseverance are key to putting your product in front of industry and the following section will talk through the steps needed in order to achieve this.
Benefits of using Innovate Design
- We have over 10 years experience in developing ideas
- We offer a review of your idea free of charge
- You retain 100% of the idea and therefore 100% of the profits
- All information shared is 100% confidential
- We have been acknowledged as an approved consultant provider by Business Link | London since 2002
- Our business and documentation is formulated to be compliant with BS 8538:2011 - what this means
How can Innovate Design help?
- Expert advice on Intellectual Property (IP) protection, including patenting
- Global patent searching to establish originality
- Cost effective professional product design
- Prototyping your new product idea
- Help with Intellectual Property applications
- Product marketing advice and assistance
You might also be interested in...Free Inventor's Info Pack Free idea review - Find out the best next steps for YOUR idea
© Innovate Design 2011 | Sell an Idea - how to sell an idea, routes to market