Careers at Innovate Design
Product Design graduate NEW!
31st July 2013
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Graduate product Designer to join our Product Design Team at our Salisbury, Wiltshire office.
This role offers a great variety of types of products you will be involved in designing and will give you the opportunity to develop further design skills. Strong sketch skills are required for this position as the role will require you to sketch multiple concepts for clients and then realise these in CAD.
You will need to have a relevant design degree and experience in Solid Works.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Della Williams on 01722 410295 – we will require a portfolio to be considered for this position showing your sketching and CAD rendering skills.
Email Della Williams: firstname.lastname@example.org
Talented Design Engineer / Product Designer
We are an ideas development company who specialise in helping individuals develop, protect and prototype their inventions; turning them into viable, marketable products.
This is a unique opportunity for a talented individual with great problem solving ability and a functional approach to product design to join our young and dynamic design team. By working in our prototyping department, these individuals will have the opportunity to work alongside highly motivated creative people, to develop and prototype products that are at the forefront of innovation.
This is what you need to do:
- Apply innovative problem solving skills and practical ideas to develop our clients' product concepts into working prototypes
- Solve engineering problems using good engineering practice and discipline to deliver robust design solutions within tight deadlines
- Design and build prototypes and test rigs of concepts
- Make cosmetic and functional models, prototype parts and assemblies of concepts using a combination of fabrication, machining, modelmaking techniques and painting and finishing
- Use workshop equipment to produce high quality prototype parts, assemblies and models
- Take an active, hands-on role to ensure that all engineering problems are resolved thoroughly.
This is what you need to have:
- A degree in a relevant engineering or science discipline or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of experience in product design or product engineering with practical knowledge of 3D CAD (ideally SolidWorks)
- Sound understanding and knowledge of general engineering, design, scientific physical principles and / or electronics
- Knowledge and understanding of plastic injection moulding and other manufacturing methods
- Proven ability to communicate through 2 and 3 dimensional media, e.g. sketching, CAD, model making
- Ability to fabricate prototypes and parts using a variety of engineering materials
- Ability to use workshop equipment to produce high quality prototype parts, assemblies and models
- Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills
- Capacity to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Good organisational skills with the ability to plan ahead and prioritise tasks
Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire
Salary: Dependent on experience
If you are interested in this position please submit your CV and portfolio to:email@example.com
Account Manager / Project Researcher
24th August 2010
Invention development company, based in central Salisbury, seeks highly competent person with a range of skills including research, copywriting and project organisation.
The ideal candidate would have the ability to fully analyse new project ideas by investigating markets and appropriate technologies, as well as completing global patent searches. Full, on the job training will be provided for this. A technical mindset would be beneficial.
The role involves providing exceptional customer service and includes the selling of further services. The candidate must be articulate, confident and would ideally have some experience in sales. A superb telephone manner and excellent English language skills are essential.
Starting salary, dependant on experience, circa 20k.
To apply: call Della on 01722 410295.
Always taking things apart?
6th August 2010
We are an idea development company who specialise in helping inventors design, develop and prototype their ideas. We visualise product concepts and create professional presentations that demonstrate our client's ideas in order to generate interest amongst potential licensees or investors.
You are a qualified product designer with a functional approach to design. Your ability to resolve technical design issues has probably developed from an inbuilt desire to take products apart and discover how they worked from a young age. You are excited about coming up with new and ingenious ways of solving problems and developing aesthetically pleasing concepts that meet our client's requirements. You will appreciate the range of project work, the fast pace and the opportunity to work on front-end concepts across a range of markets, as part of a dynamic team of 12 designers. You will need 2-4 years experience in product design.
To apply: Email your cv and portfolio to Della Williams or call 01722 410295.
You might also be interested in...About Innovate Design Meet the team at Innovate Design
© Innovate Design 2011 | Careers at Innovate Design - Engineer, Design, Research